According to the Law on Amendment to the
Customs Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated February 24, 2023, the requirement of issuing permit forms by the customs authorities on the border to vehicles performing international automobile transportation has been abolished. In connection with this, according to the Law on Amendment to the State Duty Law dated February 24, 2023, the state duties for the following actions will not be deducted for issuing a permit regulating international automobile transportation in the territory of the country:
- a payment fee when the quotas for entry, exit and transit passages for foreign states’ cargo and passenger car carriers, which have an intergovernmental agreement with the Republic of Azerbaijan on international automobile transportation exceed the limit;
- or cargo and passenger car carriers that do not have an intergovernmental agreement with the Republic of Azerbaijan on international automobile transportation;
- for the entry of transportation vehicles registered in foreign countries into the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- for the entry of foreign-registered trucks with large tonnage into the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, and Ganja;
- for foreign automobile carriers violating interstate agreements upon their exit from the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.